Don't BuyThe Official Boycott List of the AFL-CIO
The AFL-CIO Executive Council has developed policy guidelines that regulate how the federation endorses boycotts undertaken by its affiliates. To get AFL-CIO sanction, boycotts should be directed at primary employers.
The guidelines include these provisions:
- All requests to the national AFL-CIO for endorsement must be made by a national or international union
- Any affiliated union with a contract in force with the same primary employer will be contacted by the AFL-CIO to determine whether there is an objection to the federation’s endorsement.
- Affiliates will be asked to provide the AFL-CIO with background information on the dispute in a confi dential information survey. Prior to endorsement of the boycott, the executive offi cers, or their designees, will meet with the national union’s officers, or their designees, to discuss the union’s strategic plan and timetable for the boycott, or other appropriate tactics, and to discuss the federation’s role.
- The national or international union initiating the boycott is primarily responsible for all boycott activities; the AFL-CIO will provide supplemental support.
- Boycotts will be carried on the AFL-CIO national boycott list for a period of one year, and the endorsement will expire automatically at the end of that time. National and international unions may request one-year extensions of the listings for actions where an organizing or bargaining campaign is actively in place.
(These guidelines were adopted by the AFL-CIO Executive Council in August 2011.)
Current Boycott List
ALERT: Strikes and strike authorizations have been approved by UNITE HERE at multiple Marriott hotels across the country. For more info please click here for details >
Transportation and Travel
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL LAX (added 9/7/2016)
- This includes the Crowne Plaza Hotel LAX, Yokoso Sushi Bar, the Landing Restaurant, Century Taproom, and the Boulevard Market Cafe.
The global Hyatt boycott has ended. However, there are a number of local Hyatts with continuing labor disputes. Please support the workers in these hotels by continuing to boycott the following properties:
- CALIFORNIA: HYATT Regency Santa Clara, the Hyatt Regency Sacramento and the HYATT Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco
- CALIFORNIA: HILTON, Long Beach, Calif., Management: HEI
- CALIFORNIA: HILTON, LAX
- CALIFORNIA: LE MERIDIEN, San Francisco, Management: HEI
- SEATTLE: GRAND HYATT SEATTLE and HYATT at OLIVE 8 Seattle
- INDIANA: HYATT REGENCY Indianapolis
- ALASKA: HILTON, Anchorage, SHERATON, Anchorage
SUBMITTED BY: UNITE HERE
Gleason, Dunn, Walsh & O’Shea (See the Notification Letter)American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO
REYNOLD’S AMERICAN INC., Vuse e-cigarettes.
Added August 23, 2017
SUBMITTED BY: Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC)
MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL Snack food products labeled “Made in Mexico” including Oreos, Newtons, Chips Ahoy, Honey Grahams, Animal Crackers, Ritz Crackers, Premium, Belvita, Lorna Donne, Teddy Grahams, Honey Maid, and Wheat Thins.
SUBMITTED BY: United Steelworkers
Entertainment and Recreation
ECHOSTAR DISHNETWORK Satellite Television Service
SUBMITTED BY: Communications Workers of America